Janella A Thomas
The Peace of God vs. The Peace of The World
-God says I give you the peace of God, that passes all Understanding
The World says ' I will give you peace' but the world doesn't tell you that that peace is just too Demanding.
-God says Love thy neighhbor
The world says hate thy enemy and love only under certain circumstances.
-God says I will show you the way, for I am a lamp unto your feet
The world says You are on your own.
*The peace of God vs the Peace of the World
The world says ' Go head girl put cha leg up' and that 69 is fine
-The Lord says: ' Have fun' but Honor me cus I am yours and you are Mine.
The world says ' this ain't burger king, you can't always have it your way'.
-The Lord says 'don't worry, tommorrow will be a brighter day'!
The world gives you hope, peace and joy that is only temporary
-But the Lord gives you joy like a river overflowing, smiles that have other people glowing.
He makes your enemy your footstool,
whereas the world lets everyone walk all over you.
The world gives you a candle that will soon burn out
-God gives you a lamp, that will eliminate all doubt
* The peace of God vs the Peace of the world.
Oh the illusions of peace from the world
And the reality of God's Peace
It gives you the ability to teach
the ability to preach
and the ability to face seen and unseen realities.
oh the illusion s seem similar,
But NO, OH NO there are NO commonalities!
So which one will you take?
The Peace of God or the Peace of the World.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Peace of God vs. The Peace of The World by Janella A Thomas )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Gordon D Wilkinson
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(01 January 1950)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Truce of Night, Lucy Maud Montgomery
Poem of the Day
- Marshes Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What I Dream And What I Find, Amitava Sur
- Waves Within...., Umasree Raghunath
- Children of Peshawar! My heart bleeds fo.., Umasree Raghunath
- A History Of The Future- What's THAT? ? .., Bri Edwards
- Epistle therefrom Death, Sir Toby Moses
- Being Rich, Randy McClave
- Chief glory, gajanan mishra
- If I Get There, Luis Estable
- That Savor Is So, Luis Estable