The perception of the future
The perception of what is in the now,
Leaves us wondering, about the future;
The perception of an imagined future,
Coloured with our hopes, our longing and fears,
Often haunts us, unrealized.
Between the now and the future,
Lies a meandering path,
Through meadows and mountains,
Over a shadowy gorge where,
Tenuously hangs, a narrow bridge swaying.
We walk on, sometimes with eyes that refuse to see,
Scared of slipping,
Unnerved by strong winds,
Desperately holding the thin ropes,
Holding us aloft the yawning netherworld of our fears.
Gingerly stepping ahead on this path,
Chosen, as it leads to the future,
Where the mountains and its paths,
Melt into unceasing togetherness,
Of the sun and the sea.
Where all the elements,
Fire, earth, water and air, combine in the aether,
So too will our now and our future merge,
In a continuum of light, as we dissolve,
Only to be formed again, in the eternal circle of life.
Anita Atina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The perception of the future by Anita Atina )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- When you look at me, The Princess
- Regularly, Edward Kofi Louis
- Abominable, Edward Kofi Louis
- Kicking The Down And Out, Terence G. Craddock
- Wau Bulan Wau Bintang, Ismim Putera
- A Planet Of The Step-Mother, Muhammad Shanazar
- A Message Of Peace, Muhammad Shanazar
- Innocence, Muhammad Shanazar
- To Unite All, Edward Kofi Louis
- A Chaste Woman's Death, Nalini Chaturvedi