The Poems Of Banjo Paterson
The poems of Banjo Paterson will live forever more
They have become quite famous beyond Australia's shore
The author of The Man from Snowy River and Clancy of the Overflow
He passed on in his seventies more than sixty ago.
The stories and poems of Banjo are part of Aussie folklore
Of Australia's best known writers one of the top three or four
His song Waltzing Matilda should be Australia's National Anthem many say
The poet is gone forever but his words live on today.
The poems of Banjo Paterson of legendary stuff are made
He was a natural wordsmith a master of his trade
He knew about the hard life in the days of the pioneer
And his poems on bush people to real life seems so near.
In the annals of Australian literature a leading man of rhyme
Along with Henry Lawson a legend of his time
Saltbush Bill and A Bush Christening, Mulga Bill's Bicycle and many more
The poems and songs of Banjo Paterson will live forever more.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Poems Of Banjo Paterson by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Ask, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Starling, Maurice Whyte
- Who I Am, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Kangaroo Style, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- The Girl of Stone Age, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- The Tragedy of Gaza, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Mr. Mountain, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Dear father, Missau Missau
- Phenomenal Cover of Beauties, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Anecdote of a Neglected Man, Zillur Rahman Shuvro