The Power of Emotion
The power of emotion is a very strong one.
Emotions can feel much worse than a bomb.
Emotions can make us feel we've been conned;
They can also make us feel as good as a swan.
Emotions are very powerful indeed.
For our life experiences, they are the seeds;
For whether we feel like flowers or weeds
Or whether we feel like a mule or a steed.
Emotions can hurt us sometimes.
They can be more bitter than limes.
They can also be happy at times,
And the question I ask is, "why? "
Andrew Hamm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Power of Emotion by Andrew Hamm )
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Hedgehog, Paul Muldoon
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1679 - 1718)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Maithili Sharan Gupt
(3 August 1886 – 12 December 1964)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 April 1932 - 20 December 2000)