The Power Of Words
The power of words is awesome then do use your words wisely
And tell the truth at all times the truth will set you free
Of any guilt or regret a far wiser one than i
Said one lie leads to another and to another lie.
Do use your words with wisdom since the power of words is great
With our words we can do good things but with our words we too can create
Hatred and fear of others in the negativity inclined
Your negative words they will adopt and in them great solace find.
When you condemn others in words the truth you always speak
For lies can be destructive and the fortress of the weak
Other may lie about you but do not deal in lies
To defame one who defames you does not seem very wise.
The power of words is mighty with our words we can create
An understanding of those different to us and place us in an exalted state
So use your words with wisdom and speak in a truthful way
For others they are listening to what you have to say.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Power Of Words by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- I shall sing, hasmukh amathalal
- Thelo (1), Branden Aeling
- Why lord should look, hasmukh amathalal
- A to Z for You, Indranil Bit
- Our bretherne, hasmukh amathalal
- Water has central place, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor