THE PRICELESS GIFT OF MOTHERHOOD
You have always been the best friend to me,
teaching and showing me what others could not see.
Blessing me with everything you do,
even when other showed me hatred with their boo.
You are the greatest gift to humanity,
and without you there will be no human community.
Your love can never be compared to none,
even in times of sadness you always bring fun.
Eachtime i think of the pains you went through for my sake,
helps to bring me bad memories that i can't take.
Especially the tears you sheard at the time of my birth,
makes me wish that you alone should be free from death.
I can't imagine the pain of carrying me for 270 days,
that is why i feel like thanking you in a million ways.
Thanks for the time you had sleepless night,
and thanks for every dream you made right.
Thanks for all the love and care,
and also thanks for wiping away all of my tears.
Thanks for believing in me when others didn't,
and thanks for blessing me with your love when others couldn't.
Thanks for all of your moral lessons,
and thanks for all of your maternal blessings.
Thanks for always watching my back,
and thanks for being the light in my dark.
Thanks for all of your delicious food,
and thanks for making me the best in the hood.
Thanks for bearing all of my botherings,
and thanks for sharing all of my sufferings.
Thanks for the gift of life,
and thanks for being part of my life.
Thanks for being part of my success story,
and thanks for being part of my tale alleglory.
Thanks for being the best treasure i could ever find,
and thanks for your support when am lagging behind.
I just can't thank you enough for every thing you have done,
right from the moment i was born.
Thanks once more for making me a human,
because all of your love and care made me a super-human.
I value you more than silver and gold,
because you are the sweetest mum in the world.
Stanley Oguh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE PRICELESS GIFT OF MOTHERHOOD by Stanley Oguh )
- Unknown Realms, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Act of plagiarism, Aftab Alam
- Chadjeordie, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Miss Fatma, Ali Nawroz
- Everything Goes On, Fatima Nusairat
- From Fear to Greed..., Mr. Nobody
- Abandonment's Pain, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Lingerings, Stephen Warren Williams
- Love is Heaven's Bliss, Aftab Alam
- Nobody F-in' Loves Me! : D, Mr. Nobody
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Flower, Rabindranath Tagore
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)