The Problems of Green
The problems of green have their own colors:
But they all together only cost five dollars: like the stripes
On the Mexican flag:
And Alma making up her own excuses for whatever she does or
And the roads to and away from her are being used,
But her children are doing good:
And I am in my own house in my own graveyard inebriate and
And maybe she will read this, and maybe she will go down
River and find more beautiful boys and read them,
Her brown skin getting goose bumped over her brown and
She is the only female I ever think about or try to smell:
And I come to her in the fruit market and then drive away, as my
Life recesses, grows frantic from its lacking amusements,
Or doesn’t exist at all:
And the green planes frolic in the green clouds;
And the hungry green foxes leap for the out of reach grapes,
Vermillion in their over abundance and in their virginal aptitudes,
Or they don’t even try at all.
Robert Rorabeck's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Problems of Green by Robert Rorabeck )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Haiku, Noah Body
- Capitalist List Esteem Apex Peak Cut Down, Terence G. Craddock
- A million sparkling rainbows, Nick Kler
- selah, don't say la la la..., Mandolyn ...
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...