THE PULSE OF LOVE
BUBBLING pigeons spill on the floor,
a shadow slips in, and a clock begines
to snore .
WONDERING lights push the darkness away,
then in its place, a night light, and
a plate of your very best.
SORRY jesus, they dont believe in you,
or the ways of love.
THE clocks wakes up, your on your feet,
you throw off the covers, and get dressed
for another day.
SORRY jesus, they dont believe in you, or
the ways of love.
DAVID GERARDINO's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE PULSE OF LOVE by DAVID GERARDINO )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare