The rain God is very courteous!
One fine evening,
It is a rainy day, but evening!
It is about 5 o’ clock,
The sky is getting dark!
The dark clouds in the sky are hovering,
The rain is likely to pour with lightning!
I wanted to go out for giving
A set of books for binding!
An abdominal corset buying,
The cloud till I return shouldn't be raining!
What can I do?
Can I stop the rain for two hours and go?
I thought of a poem written 2000 years ago,
By a Respectful Poet Thiruvalluvar - with ego!
The poem goes to say like this -
Virtuous woman who is faithful
To the spouse and dutiful
May not even pray the almighty;
“But, If she says, Oh’ Rain!
You must pour, it will rain! ”
The rain will fall instantaneously,
The power of virtue and fidelity!
I thought why not I use the same powers,
To stop the rain till I return, just for two hours!
My wife prayed for the same purpose to stop the rain,
I did my job and returned home; the prayer didn't go in vain!
The rain God is very courteous,
The rain followed is highly gracious!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The rain God is very courteous! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
- A Visionary, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ezandleni zengelosi, senzokhaya umhayi
- Ungibonisile, senzokhaya umhayi
- I had a Dream..., Suzette Richards
- The new Don Quixotes in our time, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Rainbow Looms, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ngiyindodana yakwa Zulu, senzokhaya umhayi
- Uyakhumbula, senzokhaya umhayi
- Wedwa, senzokhaya umhayi
- time or space?, ko the skipper