The Rose that Symbolized a Dragons Death
A single rose to give,
Not a single life to live,
But the life I am in.
Left without kin.
The rose will tell it all,
About the dragons fall,
Leaving one the last,
That cant forget the past.
Petals show the light,
Even when you have lost your sight,
Of the true knight,
Purest hue of snowy white.
Thorns show my fear,
As I cry my first tear,
For the twist of fate,
Which I will forever hate.
Leaves show my hue,
With trim of pure blue,
Even though you are an elf,
You care not only about yourself.
The blood tells you of my passing,
I had hoped this love would be lasting,
Both our families gone,
Except for young Saffron.
Elf and Dragon became as one,
In our only son,
The others were whole,
Even heart and soul.
So watch him change,
And grow to old age,
Be happy for me,
For I have crossed the sea,
I went down in grace,
so now I can go to a better place.
The palace of the seven,
What humans would call heaven,
To me it is endless sky,
Where I can go on and fly,
Till the second time I die,
At the mercy of the burning eye.
Nicolette Gonzalez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Rose that Symbolized a Dragons Death by Nicolette Gonzalez )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- 'My Christmas Prayer' (For all who have .., Linda Winchell
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- What a Concept is this Love, Shahrokh Sharifrazy
- Sri Ramakrishna (1836 - 1886), Tushar Ray
- Love Is, Kristen Brown
- Poetry in Motion, Shahrokh Sharifrazy
- Nothing I Fear, Kristen Brown
- Tantalizing, Kristen Brown
- Your Heart Be At Ease (Rewrite), Kristen Brown
- Rosewater (Rewrite), Kristen Brown
- Passion (Rewrite), Kristen Brown
- My Note To Santa...Please Write A Letter.., Dorothy (Alves) Holmes