The Sea Mist
Here we are, amidst the roaring chaos,
amidst the turmoil of a sanguine sea
where lightning strikes furiously across
encumbering clouds of serenity.
The wind has torn your bones to white splinters
and left your hearts to the mercy of Death;
and as the last surviving light withers,
we shall persevere with each failing breath.
Behold! The Ocean's Womb is wide open!
The Terror of the Depths beckons tonight!
Your wives shall smile for your courage is proven.
Let us strike the waves with ardour and might!
Only a tombstone over the cliff perched
for Man had defiled what was already cursed.
Tadej Blažic's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Sea Mist by Tadej Blažic )
- Where's Sugarspit?, the guy in charge
- The End, D.A. Woods
- Sad Sorrows, Frank Weedings
- Understand My Horse, Naveed Akram
- At That Time, Luis Estable
- A Poem and Four Films, the guy in charge
- Short Never, Luis Estable
- Deep Monster, Naveed Akram
- Allow This, Luis Estable
- A better life حياة افضل, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)