The Seven Ages of Woman
First, the babe in arms,
Dressed in clothes of pink;
Who feasts upon Farley’s Rusks;
Who loves warm milk to drink.
Then, the bright-eyed schoolgirl:
The latest toys, she likes;
Who so loves having sleepovers,
And riding upon her bike.
Then, the stroppy teen,
Who’s abandoned all her toys:
Now she’s into make-up,
And eyeing up the boys.
Then, the younger woman:
No longer considered a girl;
Who has to make decisions,
And face the big, bad world.
Then, the woman in her prime:
Perhaps a mother and wife?
Who’s gained much experience
And who’s seen a lot of life.
Then, the older woman,
Who’s recently retired;
Whose services at work
Are now no longer required.
Finally, the OAP.
With glasses pebble-thick;
Who struggles down the road,
With the aid of a walking stick.
These are the seven ages;
These are the different stages.
Some of the ages, folk may be denied,
While others are in for a long, long ride.
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Seven Ages of Woman by Angela Wybrow )
- PH: Nature: Canoeing The Mississippi - P.., Brian Johnston
- Steps Of Purpose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Whispers Of Ancient Parables, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unanswerable 3, Frank Avon
- Being Enlightened, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unanswerable 2, Frank Avon
- Unanswerable 1, Frank Avon
- As wrong as right, Cee Bea
- Incense On Fire, sallam yassin
- The Canine, Justin Reamer
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns