The Seven Ages of Woman
First, the babe in arms,
Dressed in clothes of pink;
Who feasts upon Farley’s Rusks;
Who loves warm milk to drink.
Then, the bright-eyed schoolgirl:
The latest toys, she likes;
Who so loves having sleepovers,
And riding upon her bike.
Then, the stroppy teen,
Who’s abandoned all her toys:
Now she’s into make-up,
And eyeing up the boys.
Then, the younger woman:
No longer considered a girl;
Who has to make decisions,
And face the big, bad world.
Then, the woman in her prime:
Perhaps a mother and wife?
Who’s gained much experience
And who’s seen a lot of life.
Then, the older woman,
Who’s recently retired;
Whose services at work
Are now no longer required.
Finally, the OAP.
With glasses pebble-thick;
Who struggles down the road,
With the aid of a walking stick.
These are the seven ages;
These are the different stages.
Some of the ages, folk may be denied,
While others are in for a long, long ride.
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Seven Ages of Woman by Angela Wybrow )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- To Kill Anyone, Randy McClave
- the sun left a souvenir, signed and ever.., Mandolyn ...
- A Birdlime., Tony Adah
- Cycle, Shannon Malone
- The Little cat., Tony Adah
- Time Away, Larry Ninas
- A Wish, Muhammad Shafi Lone
- The telling Effect of Visual Spell, rajendran muthiah
- Inwards Bound, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- My Bangle, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi