Edward Kofi Louis
Something is coming down from heaven and,
I am only a man;
Something is raising up from earth and,
You are only a woman;
Behold! Three men do seek for you.
Phoenicia, Antioch and Cypres;
Of the soldiers at war with their shadows,
Like the reward of iniquity.
Parthiars, Medes and Elamites;
Of soldiers at war with their tankers,
In the field of blood where many dead bodies do lay.
'Are not all these Galileans? '
But that is the way of life at this present time;
Like the seat of the shadow of Kepha.
Strive before you your reward,
Of the unity of the mind without war;
But, with burial customs when somebody dies.
Mesopotamia, Yahdah and Pontus;
Feed my sheep that are wayward,
Like a blazing light from heaven.
Edward Kofi Louis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Shadow by Edward Kofi Louis )
Did you read them?
- Science and Religion, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- ............. Traveling To Meet Minor In.., Is It Poetry
- So Much More, Sandra Feldman
- 157. An Ex's Word Is Easily Broken, John Westlake
- Kiss Me, Adriana Avilaa
- She Knew it was Irrational, Jacqueline Nash
- pass the offering plate, Mandolyn ...
- If Your Reflection Could Kill, Russell Nero
- The blues, blaz zigon
- Feminine Beauty, chanchal gupta
Poem of the Day
- Autumn, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)