Edward Kofi Louis
Something is coming down from heaven and,
I am only a man;
Something is raising up from earth and,
You are only a woman;
Behold! Three men do seek for you.
Phoenicia, Antioch and Cypres;
Of the soldiers at war with their shadows,
Like the reward of iniquity.
Parthiars, Medes and Elamites;
Of soldiers at war with their tankers,
In the field of blood where many dead bodies do lay.
'Are not all these Galileans? '
But that is the way of life at this present time;
Like the seat of the shadow of Kepha.
Strive before you your reward,
Of the unity of the mind without war;
But, with burial customs when somebody dies.
Mesopotamia, Yahdah and Pontus;
Feed my sheep that are wayward,
Like a blazing light from heaven.
Edward Kofi Louis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Shadow by Edward Kofi Louis )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Poem of the Day
- Fighting a hard fight, Peter Strugnell
- Ballade [I die of thirst beside the foun.., François Villon
- To Rosemounde, Geoffrey Chaucer
- Jo aashiqui me sarvsrestha hota hai, Sumit Rawat
- Amor vincit omnia, Suhail Kakorvi
- Stilling to North, Arthur Sze
- Counting the Days, Leonard Champlin
- Blue or Green, James Galvin
- By Sun Arisen, Saiom Shriver
- From Weapon To Lifegiver, Saiom Shriver