Edward Kofi Louis
Something is coming down from heaven and,
I am only a man;
Something is raising up from earth and,
You are only a woman;
Behold! Three men do seek for you.
Phoenicia, Antioch and Cypres;
Of the soldiers at war with their shadows,
Like the reward of iniquity.
Parthiars, Medes and Elamites;
Of soldiers at war with their tankers,
In the field of blood where many dead bodies do lay.
'Are not all these Galileans? '
But that is the way of life at this present time;
Like the seat of the shadow of Kepha.
Strive before you your reward,
Of the unity of the mind without war;
But, with burial customs when somebody dies.
Mesopotamia, Yahdah and Pontus;
Feed my sheep that are wayward,
Like a blazing light from heaven.
Edward Kofi Louis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Shadow by Edward Kofi Louis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I failed to, gajanan mishra
- essay # i'll never know, gordon nosworthy
- I See The Sun, Pijush Biswas
- Variety of doors!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- What is superior?, gajanan mishra
- Mind, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- WE ARE TEMPORARILY HERE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Waxing Grandiloquent, Margaret Alice Second
- When The Evening Light Comes, Pijush Biswas
- Hindi haiku (56-60), S.D. TIWARI