THE SKY AND THE EARTH
Long ago the sky loved the earth.
But they could not meet,
Because of fear of sun's wrath,
Who paralyzed the earth with heat.
Then the sky cried,
And relieved the earth.
Through the rivers that flew wide
From angry sun's wrath
When at night sun went to sleep,
There was darkness all around.
And the sky used to weep
Until to help him moon and stars came round.
Now the sky could see the earth at night,
For the moon and stars shone bright.
Every thing was right,
Away from sun's sight.
But sun came to know,
And took a vow.
To punish sky and earth,
And asteroids and meteors took birth.
They smashed the earth raising dust cloud.
And the sky bust aloud,
And it wept continuously.
Until earth's scars were filled completely.
Sun became angrier because sky had dared,
To undo the punishment sun had ordered.
And now he shone more bright,
And the whole sky was set alight.
The sky yelped in pain,
But his every try was in vain.
For he had challenged the sun's might,
And got himself into a suicidal fight.
And to this day when the earth is warmed,
The sky weeps relieving earth's pain.
And it seems to meet at horizon,
And after sky weeps a rainbow is formed.
And to this day the sky is waiting
With patience unexhausted.
For the day when the sun will be dead,
And for the day of their meeting.
Anjesh shekhar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE SKY AND THE EARTH by Anjesh shekhar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- The Folks Back East Got Your Letter, mary douglas
- The Many Coloured Bear At Rest In A Vari.., mary douglas
- Summer Camp In Zinnia Yellow Or Orange W.., mary douglas
- The Princess Recounts The History Of Ros.., mary douglas
- Please, spare me the despair, black is t.., Tiyani Shadrack Manganya
- Arpita's Holy Well., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- I Went Through Your Epochs, mary douglas
- There Is No Golden Thread Running Through, mary douglas
- Lost Things, Old Gloves, Old Fans, Pearl.., mary douglas
- I Kept Your Carnelian Word, mary douglas