Armmina Liberté Maclang
The Sky's New DayDress
Almost everything is turning pink now,
Under the light of the rising sun.
The sky which was cloaked in its evening gown
Is now changing for its morning dress
Made of blue, white and gold.
In doing so, the sky shifts colors,
As if he waves to us his majestic cape.
The walls of the buildings start to lighten,
which means the sun was coming
To embrace the sky with its golden, shining warmth.
And now the sky's dress sways along
With his dance of grace
In such slow, yet exhilarating tempo.
Black turns Navy Blue.
Navy steps down to Indigo.
Indigo swirls around to Violet Sky.
Violet Sky waltzes into Periwinkle.
And now I wait for that final bow,
Wherein the greatest spectacle is shown.
When Periwinkle bows and leaves the dance floor,
Cornflower Blue shall enter to dance
With the sun
And the clouds,
All on the Sky's daydress.
Armmina Liberté Maclang's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Sky's New DayDress by Armmina Liberté Maclang )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Suicide's Note, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Osho, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Many Third-Classers, Bijay Kant Dubey
- As A Man, I Hate The Fanatic The Most, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.