The So Called Honorable
For to cling to power or for need of power on most policies they disagree
Between the Government and their Opposition there's does not seem much difference to me
Those out of power verbally attack those in power that is how it's been for years
Who wins or loses the Election should not be cause for joy or tears.
Who is in or out of power I for one do not care
That they do not bring change to my life for the good I am all too aware
Democracy is the best form of Government by many we are told
But the workings of Parliament has not changed from the long gone days of old.
Of the praises of Democratically Elected Governments many feel happy to sing
But in Parliament that Parliamentarians obliged to vote with their own parties does not seem a democratic thing
And that the Party or Parties elected by the majority of the voters makes decisions for everyone
Is hardly true democracy when all is said and done.
The hierarchy refer to Parliamentarins as the honorable a title he or she for life does keep
But such a title for most Politicians makes the word honor seem cheap
Like dysfunctional adolescents in Parliament every day
Supposed to be honorable men and women behave in a most immature way.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The So Called Honorable by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- we need a porch and a good sized moon, Mandolyn Davidson
- A TREACHEROUS AGGRESSION AGAINST INNOCEN.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love Is A Small Word, Lilly Emery
- varicose veins, lee fones
- Manliness Of Man, Naveed Akram
- The Long Goodbye (revised), Barry Jablonski
- I Want NIght To End, Elia Michael
- Transformation And Power Of Love, Lilly Emery
- To Do To..., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Face Filters, Naveed Akram