The So Called Honorable
For to cling to power or for need of power on most policies they disagree
Between the Government and their Opposition there's does not seem much difference to me
Those out of power verbally attack those in power that is how it's been for years
Who wins or loses the Election should not be cause for joy or tears.
Who is in or out of power I for one do not care
That they do not bring change to my life for the good I am all too aware
Democracy is the best form of Government by many we are told
But the workings of Parliament has not changed from the long gone days of old.
Of the praises of Democratically Elected Governments many feel happy to sing
But in Parliament that Parliamentarians obliged to vote with their own parties does not seem a democratic thing
And that the Party or Parties elected by the majority of the voters makes decisions for everyone
Is hardly true democracy when all is said and done.
The hierarchy refer to Parliamentarins as the honorable a title he or she for life does keep
But such a title for most Politicians makes the word honor seem cheap
Like dysfunctional adolescents in Parliament every day
Supposed to be honorable men and women behave in a most immature way.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The So Called Honorable by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- Open it happily, hasmukh amathalal
- Footless though, gajanan mishra
- One reason, hasmukh amathalal
- Erotic Cup, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- I Want To Play All Day and..., Monk E. Biz
- Every Poem Reveals Another Kind Of Sadness, Shalom Freedman
- Gramophone- Erotic Haiku Poetry, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Dangerous Attraction, Sandra Feldman
- Dogmatic is not charismatic, Aftab Alam
- The Soul Killer~, Monk E. Biz