He walks an endless road,
that has no stops,
that has no reverse,
that has no turns.
he walks alone, removed from civilization,
walking only with his brothers and sisters,
with only their gear,
and their faith in each other.
he dares not slow,
or else the danger will run past,
attacking his family and homeland,
destroying what he holds dear.
he must be strong,
or the danger will slips past,
unable to be caught,
destroying what he needs.
he instead faces this danger head on,
ignoring himself for his family and homeland,
he never stops, though he may be tired,
he never quits, no matter the pain,
he suffers through all this,
so that you do not.
because yes, YOU are also his family,
and You are part of his homeland.
and to lose you would be the worst danger he could face.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Soldier by Jeryn Bean )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(c. 600 BCE)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Neither Hindugiri Nor Christiangiri Nor .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Unbound, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Mask We Wear, Is It Poetry
- Purified man, gajanan mishra
- Questioning Deity?, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Barack Obama And His comprehension of In.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Calculated Etchings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Charity, Self-control and Mercy, gajanan mishra
- To Win Your Man's Heart, Valsa George
- Duty breeds right, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.