He walks an endless road,
that has no stops,
that has no reverse,
that has no turns.
he walks alone, removed from civilization,
walking only with his brothers and sisters,
with only their gear,
and their faith in each other.
he dares not slow,
or else the danger will run past,
attacking his family and homeland,
destroying what he holds dear.
he must be strong,
or the danger will slips past,
unable to be caught,
destroying what he needs.
he instead faces this danger head on,
ignoring himself for his family and homeland,
he never stops, though he may be tired,
he never quits, no matter the pain,
he suffers through all this,
so that you do not.
because yes, YOU are also his family,
and You are part of his homeland.
and to lose you would be the worst danger he could face.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Soldier by Jeryn Bean )
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- This is my life, this is only mine,, Aftab Alam
- The African Spirit, Gbolagade Taiwo
- For ones who Mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Just When You Dont Know What To Say, Say.., OLUMIDE FAMILUSI
- This was the day when i died, surendra jakhar
- Postman, Naveed Khalid
- Nightmare, Naveed Khalid
- Snowdon, Naveed Khalid
- Right is Right, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan