The Song Song
Well one day I was taking a walk down the street,
When suddenly I realized there was nothing beneath my feet
So I decided I'd very calmly try to be discreet
When all of a sudden I heard the most euphoric drum beat
What's this I do believe I'm sinking down?
In front of me could it truly be a two-headed clown
Well you don't really question these things when you're trying not to drown.
Trying not to drown in the pool of madness in the middle of town.
Have I lost my mind or is it just you?
Could you help me piece back the puzzle with a little bit of glue?
If you tell me there's no hope, well that's nothing new.
You say it'll be all right but we both know that ain't true.
I'm trying to see the world through reality's eyes
But all I can see is nothing but lies
I never really found it hard to say goodbyes
Mostly because people are all undercover spies
Living in a world full of distrust
I do believe my heart is beginning to rust.
I enjoy my toast the most without its crust.
Watching myself fall into the dust.
Now I am trying hard to restrain
I ask you please not to parade in my rain
Feels like a train running into my brain
Hurts the most when you can't feel no pain.
Well one day I was taking a friendly stroll
When lo and behold I came across a troll
He told me if I wanted to pass I had to pay a toll
I said I'm sorry but I've lost all control.
jon groff's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Song Song by jon groff )
- "What manner of Man is this? ".., Royston Allen
- Love in September, Renee Russon
- Sonnet # 529, Luis Estable
- Desire, Deborah Kelley
- DO NOT ASSUME, Donald R Charon
- poisons by s.r 2, skye robertson
- Sailing, Deborah Kelley
- Blessed by the Divine, Deborah Kelley
- Artemis, Deborah Kelley
- poisons by s.r, skye robertson
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)