Amanda Elizabeth Sanchez
The Soulmate Is A Contradiction
Infinite days the mind believes a soulmate adores your perfect fit, the embers to light your fire.
Infinite the desire.
Embrace the fact, truth in matter, just this; a soulmate is your only reflection. The one that peers back through the mist, illuminating exactly yourself without holding anything back.
Embrace that fact.
Like the rising sun, He performs all wonders. The sunshine that will change your life, shining truth that separates the Earth & Sky.
Rising beauty, glorify.
Truth be told, your soulmate rides the tide past the shore leaving your skin raw. Washing away imperfections, revealing emptiness.
The simple truth at best.
Tensions from within anguish, because we can't shake the ground. Your soulmate will break the walls, tear you down to bare insecurity.
Feel the tension, only He can turn.
Too much conflict! Looking straight through you, glaring at your expectations. Your soulmate will be the one to push you, challenge you, defeat and victory.
The conflict, repeated history.
In and out, around. What's the pure purpose of your soulmate? In love, for lust, what's tangible? Defined as the perfect match, your best enemy. His love, effects your emotional connection, stability.
The purpose, His ability.
He enables distraught, discomfort, diffuses your ego. Yet simplifies obstacles, but demands attention to your addictions, struggles, troubles.
Enables us to be humble.
Let He who offers the highest, draw upon your desperation and dependence. I think your soulmate whoever that honestly is, transforms your life in the eyes that view the reflection. Accepting the secondary role.
Offering to let go of control.
Your soulmate stands perpendicular, scrutinizing the direct mirror image. The only one who shares the spiritual light between the sun & moon. Revealing the solitude we all long for, where true love never let's you down.
Standing between the dawn.
Remembrance, the soulmate is the only one who doesn't take the easy route.
Amanda Elizabeth Sanchez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Soulmate Is A Contradiction by Amanda Elizabeth Sanchez )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
Poem of the Day
- Taron, Pariyon Ke Desh Meri Chandramukhi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Chandramukhi, I Haven't Seen You For So .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Becoming An Essence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Chosen Path, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I've Killed, Mr. Nobody
- Treasuring Experience, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flair, douglas scotney
- Feel the pain, gajanan mishra
- Inhaling Breaths Of Words, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Where Chants Collide, Richard Jarboe