Variations of my mind
Perplexes the psyche of mine
Of those insecure moods
Which depict me moan.
I’m not certain of what do
Strike my senses & what in it- shines.
What makes me off?
And of course what puts me on!
It’s all alike the silence
Prior to that of the storm,
Which evokes mine fervor
To have it penned in profound pain.
Tho not sure …might be the spirit
Which hath no perfect form nor any norm
By which I knew not
What agony I lose & what bliss I gain.
Laxman Rao's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Spirit by Laxman Rao )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Success is Counted Sweetest, Emily Dickinson
- Refugee Blues, WH Auden
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- When I see through your eyes..., Alok Singhal
- King, Viking!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rarefied, Edward Kofi Louis
- Regarding Way, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Spice Up My Little Life, Margaret Alice Second
- Pain, gajanan mishra
- Shippi, Edward Kofi Louis
- Occurrence, Edward Kofi Louis
- Mattter Out of Control, Panmelys
- [~s05e17~]Watch Pretty Little Liars Seas.., Renz Barns