The Spirit Of Love
Alone in the dark, I can feel him,
Soon his essence is filling the air,
One by one, my senses awaken,
This thrill is more than I can bear
To my lips, he delivers a kiss,
Or a gentle touch on my arm,
I'm alone with this haunting spirit....
Yet, I feel no cause for alarm
The spirit of his love encircles me,
Whirling like a hurricane,
My senses are reeling.... how can this be,
Links of rapture are forming a chain
His spirit has overtaken me.....
I succumb to its trampling feet,
No longer does my lonely song echo,
Sad refrains no longer repeat
Like a mantle, he falls upon me,
This spirit of love I adore,
Yet, I tremble to think it's but a dream.....
I'll awaken..... and feel him no more....
Lora Colon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Spirit Of Love by Lora Colon )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Penance Of Unguarded Selfishness., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Plants Hurt, Naveed Akram
- Truth Lies - Kid's Stuff -howtobuilddefe.., sEaN nOrTh
- My love for my birth land, binod bastola
- Critically Evaluating…Lois Lerner's 'Tru.., James B. Earley
- My wondrous dream, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Hues of Green, Joy Cordwell
- FOR ALL BELIEVERS, Tom Zart
- Sibling Oath, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...