The Splintered Theater
Excitement and joy turned
To flame of the heart and mind.
The curtain fell, withered in the heat.
Curling into ash and air;
Splintered wood... the disease of humanity,
Fueling its scorching heat.
This place of man's entertainment falls
Like the weakened bodies around it.
The sickness ends, leaving only devastation
And a pile of rubble and ashes;
But rebirth ensues, rising anew...
Humanity, a blazing pheonix.
Cory Ruda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Splintered Theater by Cory Ruda )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Under the Tamaring Tree (St. Patrick's A.., Leonard Dabydeen
- Prime Truth - 83, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 82, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Directors Are Cap Off Scot-Free, Terence G. Craddock
- Prime Truth - 81, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Relation is by woman, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- life without you, kiranjot kaur thiara
- Tantrayana philosophy, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- just hoping & wishing, kiranjot kaur thiara
- The Storm Comes, Greg Davidson