'The Starlit Sky'
Twilight is dawning in the horizon.
Heaven is setting it’s sights upon you.
Enticing to say the least.
Stars are glistening in the pale moonlight,
Traveling at the speed of light.
A faint noise is sounding
Reviving your ever changing mind.
Lovely shades of light shine upon you now.
It’s only a matter of time
Till your safe and sound.
Still there is a bright light shining in the valley.
“Kaboom“! The moon comes crashing through the sky.
Your night has come to play!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('The Starlit Sky' by Sybil Tracey )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Search and seizure, Breanna Choma
- Sweet angel, Marilyn Jean
- Silence, Breanna Choma
- only once will i will once only, Mandolyn ...
- Immense Pain, Michael P. McParland
- my fears, Juwon Daniel
- Destiny, Tom Zart
- Anthem For Black Lives To Matter, carol carter
- Animals Need Us, Naveed Akram
- No will, Angell Afinowi