The Superior Love
In the present modern world,
Very often 'Love' is mixed
With love for lust, a passion,
Lo, what a narrow interpretation?
Is love at first sight a real one?
Does it not end in infatuation
In most of the cases known,
Or what in the screen shown?
What does the real love stand for
In the words of our Creator?
'Love they neighbour, I love thee'
That's what, with love, says He.
Love in the highest sense
For the world, what it means?
Isn't that love for the Almighty
From the weakest to the mighty?
Love for God, a divinity.
Love for mankind, an affinity.
Love for the world, a humanity.
Love for virtue, an austerity.
Love for self, an egoism.
Love for country, a patriotism.
Love for lust, a veritable passion.
Love for animals, a compassion.
Love for children, an affection.
Love for wealth, a possession.
Love for hate, an aversion.
Love for vice, a degradation.
That which comes from a heart,
But not from one's lips apart,
And that melts another heart
Is the real love, to say in short.
The wagging tail shows dog's love.
The fondling touch reveals cat's love.
In the world of life, is there one
With no love for any creation?
The word 'Love' means not
Ordinary body love, of what
The people of passion meant,
But that lives in every noble heart.
Rajaram Ramachandran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Superior Love by Rajaram Ramachandran )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Esperanza, Luc Leclaire
- Down, sEaN nOrTh
- In Just One Week They Said That You Were.., mary douglas
- Bible Thumpers and Fuzzy Bumpers, Monk E. Biz
- The Greatness of Ascetics(Section 3 of T.., rajendran muthiah
- It came like a storm, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- please don't take her, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Car Lights (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Expression Eruption: Alcohol, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Death please came and take me, tsholofelo phakathi