The Superior Love
In the present modern world,
Very often 'Love' is mixed
With love for lust, a passion,
Lo, what a narrow interpretation?
Is love at first sight a real one?
Does it not end in infatuation
In most of the cases known,
Or what in the screen shown?
What does the real love stand for
In the words of our Creator?
'Love they neighbour, I love thee'
That's what, with love, says He.
Love in the highest sense
For the world, what it means?
Isn't that love for the Almighty
From the weakest to the mighty?
Love for God, a divinity.
Love for mankind, an affinity.
Love for the world, a humanity.
Love for virtue, an austerity.
Love for self, an egoism.
Love for country, a patriotism.
Love for lust, a veritable passion.
Love for animals, a compassion.
Love for children, an affection.
Love for wealth, a possession.
Love for hate, an aversion.
Love for vice, a degradation.
That which comes from a heart,
But not from one's lips apart,
And that melts another heart
Is the real love, to say in short.
The wagging tail shows dog's love.
The fondling touch reveals cat's love.
In the world of life, is there one
With no love for any creation?
The word 'Love' means not
Ordinary body love, of what
The people of passion meant,
But that lives in every noble heart.
Rajaram Ramachandran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Superior Love by Rajaram Ramachandran )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
Poem of the Day
- In the rooms, Tom Squires
- stop talking to me, m. l. eoff
- A Lover of A Muslim Girl Am I, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Death ballet, Ojaswi Machiraju
- The Indian Villages of Paglets, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Fred Claus Got It Right, Mr. Nobody
- Taron, Pariyon Ke Desh Meri Chandramukhi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Chandramukhi, I Haven't Seen You For So .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Becoming An Essence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Chosen Path, RoseAnn V. Shawiak