The Tail Of A Comet
“Where do you get the idea of the self-centered monk
(totally cut off from everyone else) ?
please do not think that you saw the light and
the rest of us are in total
Maybe you're actually finding out about things that are passé?
The post modern age is also about solidarity, justice,
and most of all community.
Granted that you can create your own community wherever you are,
but the post modern condition underscores the impossibility to forget,
the impossibility to erase the memory.
I’m not trying to sell you on an old fashioned and
conservative notion of (biological)
family, but it is there, and if you're trying to
re-invent yourself; others are equally free to refuse.”
I like the
The heat dissipated from
Among evaporated words,
The flying debris of commas,
The ice and dust
For how long
They are going to hold,
Shine and last.
I am an orphan
Like any other orphans
My mother is
Any woman who can afford
Is a piece of land
Crowed with anything
Or with almost nothing.
Atef Ayadi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Tail Of A Comet by Atef Ayadi )
- I Don't Care If You Don't Like It, Michael McParland
- Fairyland, Alesia Leach
- Lack of money does not mean lack of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On The T.V., Hannah Bryson Price
- Why do need wisdom anytime?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- it is almost poetry, Mandolyn ...
- Wisdom's great aim, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Our world is without any kind of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dream packed drama, hasmukh amathalal
- A fool واحد احمق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)