The Tail Of A Comet
“Where do you get the idea of the self-centered monk
(totally cut off from everyone else) ?
please do not think that you saw the light and
the rest of us are in total
Maybe you're actually finding out about things that are passé?
The post modern age is also about solidarity, justice,
and most of all community.
Granted that you can create your own community wherever you are,
but the post modern condition underscores the impossibility to forget,
the impossibility to erase the memory.
I’m not trying to sell you on an old fashioned and
conservative notion of (biological)
family, but it is there, and if you're trying to
re-invent yourself; others are equally free to refuse.”
I like the
The heat dissipated from
Among evaporated words,
The flying debris of commas,
The ice and dust
For how long
They are going to hold,
Shine and last.
I am an orphan
Like any other orphans
My mother is
Any woman who can afford
Is a piece of land
Crowed with anything
Or with almost nothing.
Atef Ayadi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Tail Of A Comet by Atef Ayadi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Enchantment Of Yesterday, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Great Thugs of Indian English Poetry.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Spaniels, Diane Hine
- WE RIDE NORTH, AWAKEN!, Hibah Shabkhez
- I am the paradise, gajanan mishra
- Non-Belief and Nothing, douglas scotney
- Is poem everything?, gajanan mishra
- Universal Creed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Chalo na phir shuruyaat krte hai, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Kaise mai ye likh deta hoon! !, Ajeet Singh Dhruv