The Thing That's Wrong With Christmas
The thing that's wrong with Christmas is
It's based on get not give.
And most who give but do not get
React with expletives.
There are a few who give and yet
Want nothing in return.
But they're a breed so rare that they've
A place in Glory earned.
The stores proclaim that Christmas is
'The giving time of year',
For when we give, the stores all get,
Then grin from ear to ear.
Their Christmas ads so feed our greed
And further twist our minds,
That most believe, by owning things,
That happiness we'll find.
But Christmas greed hurts kids the most.
They're taught how not to live.
They wake up eager Christmas morn
To get instead of give.
Lone Dog's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Thing That's Wrong With Christmas by Lone Dog )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Baltic nights, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- the perfect girl, glen pugh
- Raining Love, Sandra Feldman
- I Still Read, An Apology For Someone Pro.., Michael McParland
- Not Missed, Michael McParland
- Trigger Happy, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- I Am Nobody, Michael McParland
- Goodbye, Michael McParland
- Farewell, Michael McParland
- Falling, Michael McParland