The tiger’s life is mostly prowling around
Trying to hunt swiftly without making a sound.
Trying to trap the prey with its sharp claws
Skills of a professional (that is mostly without flaws.)
Black and orange stripes on it’s soft skin
A very huge roar it has within.
A majestic animal, almost extinct
A subject on which the humans need to think.
Humans think the tiger as a very dangerous creature
But deep inside the tiger, it has some peaceful features.
The dangerous tiger-tooth, pointed at animals around
The lion is called king but the tiger should be crowned.
When the dead of night returns, plenty prey it could see,
A mighty feast in it’s fiery eyes, (how happy the tiger could be)
A great battle between prey and predator
Oh, how great is it’s mentor
So when you see a tiger
You might feel you are not prepared
But if you go through this poem
You wont be scared.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Tiger by George 2012 )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Lament (O how all things are far removed), Rainer Maria Rilke
Poem of the Day
- The Girl and her Dragon, Kevin Maroney
- What is Life, Andrea Cortesi
- UFC 183: Watch Anderson Silva vs Nick Di.., Renz Barns
- The Dark Side, Sandra Feldman
- Chasing Constellations, Russell Nero
- Aroma, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- Illusion, Noah Body
- Leprae, Brave Hearts
- In the Green are Emotions, Rohit Sapra
- Heart Beat Outpaced xx xxx xx Impro.., Lee Mack