The Timeless Twig
Time stands still on the twig.
The sky keeps changing colors,
Blue, dark, ivory, violet -
She grows old, I turn feeble
Ego, enmity, jealousy fade
Our stories dry up to the end!
The twig remains there,
Braving rain, bad weather,
It doesn't break, doesn't complain,
Endures mutely the passing of pain,
Standing robust under the changing sky,
Reshaped landscape, agony's cry,
With no wars to fight, no belief to defend,
It is there to see us reach the dead end!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Timeless Twig by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Happy Slow Thinker, Edgar Albert Guest
- Stuck, Edgar Albert Guest
- No Place To Go, Edgar Albert Guest
- Real Singing, Edgar Albert Guest
- democratie, co the skipper
- Roses, Edgar Albert Guest
- A Valentine, Kate Harrington
- The Price Of Joy, Edgar Albert Guest
- Expectation, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Joy Of A Dog, Edgar Albert Guest