The Timeless Twig
Time stands still on the twig.
The sky keeps changing colors,
Blue, dark, ivory, violet -
She grows old, I turn feeble
Ego, enmity, jealousy fade
Our stories dry up to the end!
The twig remains there,
Braving rain, bad weather,
It doesn't break, doesn't complain,
Endures mutely the passing of pain,
Standing robust under the changing sky,
Reshaped landscape, agony's cry,
With no wars to fight, no belief to defend,
It is there to see us reach the dead end!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Timeless Twig by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
Did you read them?
- Unseen water, Pintu Mahakul
- _Erato my Muse of love poetry, Erato
- AN EMOTIONAL STORY I COULDN'T TELL, Godspower Oshodin
- Shift and Drift, Aftab Alam
- Rivalry is humane to time, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Certain attitudes to be followed by the .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar