The Trapped Generation
Although i belong to a generation condemn by
A vast population of the elders with venom like
Tongue, i still know, it is the residual and the replica of
The misfortune established by the passing
Generation. Who do our generation blame for
Our misfortune and mishaps?
Whatever becomes of this generation, it is as a
Result of ideologies planted by the passing generation.
Who made the foundation we met?
Our eyes are unclear, sometimes, full of no
Confidence and hope. This expression of
illuminated unhappiness I saw on this
Generation, were set century ago before
Our generation emerged.
It is the passing generation path that brings
About our present tribulation.
We are told; our culture can not give us what
We desire; foreign cultures do; the elders
Determines the course of our milk and honey
With it, now our generation embrace what we
We are told; through the tales written on media, new life
should pattern after the incidence in our environment: we swim
and get a dive in it, now we have become a master.
We are told; through the expression gushing
Out of their faces; involvement in leadership
Of the land pays than anything else on earth,
We sharpen our sword to get involve, because
Of what see them doing; we are condemn.
We are told; education is the source of wealth, but
instead to get wealthy, frustration is the end product of it; those
Who couldnt withstand the cripsy aroma, get trapped the same
passing generation who negotiate the right kidney; we are blamed.
Are we not trapped in wrong philosophy enchantting
By the passing generation? is this generation not heading
For extinction? Our misfortune remain the happiness
of the passing generations. Do we blame the season of our
existence? Who do we blame?
Richard Israel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Trapped Generation by Richard Israel )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Zophy, Luo Zhihai
- The Grotto, David Lewis Paget
- Heaven's Only Angel, Spiritwind Wood
- Deeper into the Sea, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Made Electric By The Moon, Is It Poetry
- It's all in your head, Yisel Chong
- Every Breath Of Life, Spiritwind Wood
- Forever in my heart..., Yisel Chong
- C o r t e g e...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A Spirit Within, Spiritwind Wood