A tree stood so strong on top of a hill.
It was majestic and handsome, gracious if you will
It was a shelter to some, to others a toy
Just to be with the people brought the tree great joy
But at night no one saw the beating it got
The horrible, bone chilling beating it got
The wind was not friendly, not friendly at all.
Compared to the wind the tree was very, very small.
It rustled its branches and shook off its leaves
The tree was to shaken to ask it to leave.
But as dawn came up and the wind went away
Leaving the tree in its poor, poor state
The tree stood up tall like it had before
Trying to hide all the bruises and sapping sores
The wind can huff and puff but it won’t blow this tree down
For its roots and buried deep in the ground
So this tree stood so strong on top of a hill
It was leafless and broken but beautiful still
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Tree by Lauren Saari )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(3rd April 19sixty)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- the half truth, Dr Puneet Aggarwal
- Argumentative ones, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Love children, gajanan mishra
- 25 December 2014, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Wipe out terrorism, gajanan mishra
- The hilarious children., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Let us discuss poems, gajanan mishra
- Eyes Tell a Story, Rohit Sapra
- Jadavpur And The Adda of Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Governor-Chancellor, I Am A Jadavpuria.., Bijay Kant Dubey