Bijay Kant Dubey
The twins are just like pairs, couples,
Joint bananas, entwined and enjoined,
The sterlings, I mean the mynahs
Moving in pairs,
The pigeons too.
But here talk I about not the look-alikes,
The look-alike of not Rajiv Gandhi
Or any film hero
But the twin brothers and sisters.
Two brothers as the twins,
Looking alike, almost the same,
Difficult to bifurcate
And if separate, difficult to tick,
Recognize the who’s who?
Some identification mark his wife may keep in
As for identification,
As do Matric students fill up for
Similar the case with.
The two brothers almost alike,
Who is who, I cannot,
As it not the job of mine,
That of an encyclopaedist,
Collecting and assembling materials.
The coming wife has to be careful of
And taking to the incumbent,
Looking alike, nothing different.
How many times have I seen, have I claimed of identifying
But have failed I,
Do not ask, how many times,
In missing the target
And failing to hit the point with my shot gun?
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Twins by Bijay Kant Dubey )
Did you read them?
- Scriptures, gajanan mishra
- Mazdoor Bachey, Bano Ali
- She Says, Joseph Narusiewicz
- In the Company of my Muse, Valsa George
- This Is Our Mega City, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.55, Monk E. Biz
- Global Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- PRETTY GOOD START.., ging taping
- Draw me in your heart, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The thirst is a thorn., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)