The Ugly, the Bad and the Good
The ugly is no face no color no skin
It you won’t find on surface
The ugly also known as bad’s worse twin
May hide beneath a pretty face.
None is born ugly but later convert
Lured by power and greed
Ugly is ugly from meanness of heart
A shameless and self centred creed.
Bad for this world that it usually rules
Dominates politics and governance
Both bad and good are to ugly easy fools
Victims of ugly’s pretense.
The clan of ugly raises its head
To shed blood and wage wars
When ugly reigns the good falls dead
Struck by its satanic curse.
The bad is one that lives on threshold
Can go with either on ride
Deviant of good its soul isn’t sold
If wants can switch to good’s side.
Bad isn’t as bad as ugly can be
It has quite a few streaks of good
It still has the choice to make itself free
And be as good as it could.
The good is surely of the three the only wise
That serves without craving for glory
Makes for us this earth a paradise
Hardly finds a place in history.
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Ugly, the Bad and the Good by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- And Then There Was Love, Sandra Feldman
- Sigh, Erwick Brandon
- Marwari Businessman Father-in-law Want I.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Happiness is not preventive., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Fatal Attraction, Sandra Feldman
- Be a finger of the hand., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- My Typical Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I shall love self, hasmukh amathalal
- Keep the thought free., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I remember, hasmukh amathalal