The Ugly, the Bad and the Good
The ugly is no face no color no skin
It you won’t find on surface
The ugly also known as bad’s worse twin
May hide beneath a pretty face.
None is born ugly but later convert
Lured by power and greed
Ugly is ugly from meanness of heart
A shameless and self centred creed.
Bad for this world that it usually rules
Dominates politics and governance
Both bad and good are to ugly easy fools
Victims of ugly’s pretense.
The clan of ugly raises its head
To shed blood and wage wars
When ugly reigns the good falls dead
Struck by its satanic curse.
The bad is one that lives on threshold
Can go with either on ride
Deviant of good its soul isn’t sold
If wants can switch to good’s side.
Bad isn’t as bad as ugly can be
It has quite a few streaks of good
It still has the choice to make itself free
And be as good as it could.
The good is surely of the three the only wise
That serves without craving for glory
Makes for us this earth a paradise
Hardly finds a place in history.
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Ugly, the Bad and the Good by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
Did you read them?
- - Very Long Time Ago Honey You Captured .., Ali Sabry
- - I'm Not Rich That's True My Lovely Bea.., Ali Sabry
- - Me & You We Will Enjoy In This World f.., Ali Sabry
- - Every Night I Remember You Honey-, Ali Sabry
- - I Want To Marry You Now-, Ali Sabry
- - My Lovely Princess Is My Weakness Point-, Ali Sabry
- - Please My Lovely Lady Give Me Some Of .., Ali Sabry
- - I'm Write Your Name On The Mountains-, Ali Sabry
- - Love Is All I Need My Lovely Beauty La.., Ali Sabry
- - The Love Will Still To The First Lover.., Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Stefanie Fontker
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow