The Unseen Saw
The thief of Acrona, I lied,
Robbing tourists and escaping plight...
The inevitable magic in my eyes,
Was spotted in the princess' eyes,
The land beneath her legs moved,
The time instantly passed and on the royal bed, we droft...
Kissing her perfect bosom,
I laughed, in the gloom,
Then I had got her lip caught,
And the voices of love,
The ears of consierge caught!
He then broke the wooden door and came in,
Looked my face angrily and held my chin...
Dragged naked to the gallows by the king's command,
Hands and legs tied, pulled by the heel with the face kissing the sand...
Legs mine, half stretched, tied by the log,
I looked at her and heard her sob...
And when the execution begun,
My face covered with a thick lenin, hidden...
Some pins of random order touched between my nude thighs,
I could not look at the ground nor the skies...
Four leather legs I could smell,
Covered with mire and the saw begun to dwell...
I felt the saw cutting me for the following hours,
Then my soul kicked itself out my body,
Where the crowd look at my parted body and whispered ''gross''.
Awsaaf Ali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Unseen Saw by Awsaaf Ali )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 September 1880 – 25 June 1958)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Poetry Heaven, Kim Barney
- Thank You My Love, Margaret Alice Second
- My Dream, Michael P. McParland
- joshua trees hopping in the trunk of the.., Mandolyn ...
- my lovely lovely wife, Rasheed Alqahas
- Four Leaf Clover, Eve White
- Eric Gone Postal, Eve White
- Half-Breed or Racist, Eve White
- (Rock ballad) Hold on and letting go, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- Road Kill, Liilia Talts Morrison