The Voices Of Winter
They cried out to me a few weeks ago, their coming real soon...
it happens about the same time every year when the sun makes more room for the moon...
The voices of winter call out to me: 'Were coming, were coming! Would you join us and play? '
I answer in a cheeky manner, only if you can keep the cold weather at bay? '
Alas they could not answer for I knew too well....
i waited and a few weeks later the temprature fell...
The trees were no longer dressed, the leafs strugle to stay green and
the wind's start increasing with such rage and speed, I'm certain their being mean...
The voices of winter call out to me: 'Were here, were here! Oh won't you come out to play? '
Alas your arrival has brought me to the doctors and fear i cannot venture far today...
So I watch from my window, the days go by... I see the rain, then snow and with much sorrow back to my bed I lie....
and hear the voices of winter once more...
'Were sorry, were sorry we arnt all that bad... It's so easy to find the thorn amongst the roses and get mad...
Were just a season we come and go, like your best friend summer who sends you off to far out places like Rome...'
A lesson learnt so I waited for next year... when the voices of winter would return... but this time... I would cheer! ! !
Anthony Levitt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Voices Of Winter by Anthony Levitt )
- Depression, Alesia Leach
- Seashore Gratitude, Liilia Talts Morrison
- The Path Of The King, vince gullaci
- The Present, bryan wallace
- Vieze oren, Schone ogen, Madrason writer
- The Purple Lady., Achill Ladd
- My World, Douglas ClearyMaxwell
- Just Write It, Mark R. Elias
- A PHOTOGRAPH OF MYSELF AT AGE TEN, TAKEN.., NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Dainty Little Poem, Mark R. Elias
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns