Gary James Smith
The Waiting Seasons
THE WAITING SEASONS
The waiting seasons with my Lord
He knoweth well my frame
He has His plan set out for me
I trust upon His name.
I wait O Lord I wait on Thee
In patience and in rest
I wonder why but then proclaim
'My God You knoweth best.'
And in His will I seek to stay
For obedience He doth bless
Look to what these hands can do
To pass the Master's test.
He knows my heart its full intent
I seek to do His will
Remaining, steadfast in prayer
Peace my heart be still.
For You, O God delight to do
Above all I can think or ask
If I do live my life for You
And swiftly do Your task.
For not one small thing ever done
If it be done for Thee
Will but receive a reward in heaven
Each believers testimony.
God's Word shall not return unto Him void
His Word abides forever
Accomplishing what it was sent to do
He is the true life Giver.
O Word of God that quickened me
That brought me my salvation
O bless it Lord in these last days
To reach each tribe and nation.
Copyright Gary James Smith
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Waiting Seasons by Gary James Smith )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Not a Poem at all, sEaN nOrTh
- to be empty all over again and move like.., RIC S. BASTASA
- and once again you decide to live., RIC S. BASTASA
- 'tonight at ten'., RIC S. BASTASA
- you must be lucky to have found it, RIC S. BASTASA
- love became l o v e became LOVE and now .., Mandolyn ...
- that self-confidence, RIC S. BASTASA
- do not have to fathom it like some kind .., RIC S. BASTASA
- amor patriae, RIC S. BASTASA
- zanny on top of her hill, RIC S. BASTASA