The trees down the hillside have taken a more sober hue
yellow, pale green and brown, despite the weather tries
to pretend it is still summer and tourists wear sunglasses
when in jeeps they explore the mystic interior away from
sandy beaches and summer charming waiters who hope
the summer will last forever, without it they will soon be
unemployed, yes, like it or not fall is here in all its glory,
and it is also the time when I must write my will.
I stop at a layby and compose my testament, the house
goes to my wife and money left in the bank after
the funeral expenses. My literary estate goes to my
brother, which means he gets nothing of value, anyway
he hates poetry, so this is my sweet revenge.
But I love fall and hope to live to see another one.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Will by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Armies Of Angels, Saiom Shriver
- Departing Memories, Midnights Voice
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...
- July 31,2014, Erica Borges
- Where Did It Go To?, Brian Johnston
- The Unapologetic Apology To My Mother (A.., Maurice Harris
- she is fading and then the night swallow.., RIC S. BASTASA
- Everything is yours, RIC S. BASTASA
- The Leg Of A Lamb, Saiom Shriver
- A Task To Master, Lawrence S. Pertillar