Dr John Celes
The World Needs Peace, Not Through Wars!
What loss of lives and destruction!
Can lives all lost ever return?
How many more will have to die?
Can one man’s death bring back lives lost?
What pollution, a war can add!
Let Cats who declare wars on mice,
Take the blame and pay the price!
War is a gambling game like dice;
War is a futile exercise.
One cannot fight wars with mere knives;
War is a waste of human lives;
Alas, will nations realize
That keeping peace is always wise?
Wars can begin without a cause;
The world can’t have a single boss!
One nation can’t stifle the rest,
Or try to be always the best.
The world body must give OK!
The world must say to wars, all ‘nay’;
For lasting peace, war isn’t the way!
The cost of wars, who will repay?
The world must find out other ways,
Avoiding wars in future days;
Each nation must unmask its face,
And set on peace, its gaze always!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 1-1-2007
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The World Needs Peace, Not Through Wars! by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The World And Bud, Edgar Albert Guest
- What Makes An Artist, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Doctor, Edgar Albert Guest
- Along The Paths O' Glory, Edgar Albert Guest
- When My Ship Comes In, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Test, Edgar Albert Guest
- When An Old Man Gets To Thinking, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pleasing Dad, Edgar Albert Guest
- A Lesson From Golf, Edgar Albert Guest
- Man's Experience, Edgar Albert Guest