The World to Bee
Stung by an idea,
head hurts much less
than stung by a wasp
at cost of its sudden death:
To hurt or to be hurt?
the wasp or the bee?
what is the question?
To be or the tree?
To pollinate is the idea
the apple on the tree
that falls onto Darwin's head!
Without wasp or bee, the theory was not to be!
Hence no bee, no inspiration!
that led to timekeeping's precision,
the discoveries shaping today's world,
where Hamlet's 'to bee or not to bee'
got so far misspelled
that we forgot about the bee,
the snake, the apple and the tree
and created the whole mess
where, I must confess,
whether wasp eat meat
or wife is WASP
overshadow the simple fact
that without bee pollinate
and we hastily clean our planet
no mankind, nor primate
shall survive and proliferate.
Left to the world of insects
to raise again to mankind
no more dreams shall organise the World,
replaced by ants' perfect system of scent!
He who beats around the bush
in arrogant disrespect of the bee
pollinate all the flowers for the apple
to fall off the tree, leads us to that sorry kind of Fate.
A watchmaker, the witness of Time,
a poet without proper rime,
and timeless born philosopher,
has a vision of some better kind of State:
Thus, the real answer to Hamlet's fateful Question
Is 'Respect the Wasp and the Bee:
without the Apple falling off the Tree,
there is no more any kind of Monkey to Be'.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The World to Bee by Claude Girardin )
- A New Light Bulb, Theorem The Truth Serum
- Loving An Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ostrich - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Nothing is faulty, gajanan mishra
- Silent Scream, Vivek Tiwari
- Your Fault, Von Kimball Barney
- Faking news, gajanan mishra
- Simply Is No End, Margaret Alice Second
- तुम और हम, Priyanka Gupta
- Seeing Childhood In Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)