The Young Man From Spain
A young man from Spain
Fell in a cold dark drain
When asked, “Are you Mad? ”
Said, “No, I’m insane.”
This young man from Spain
From the fall in considerable pain
Attracted a large queue
But him none did rescue.
In his fall he saw no gain
This injured guy from Spain
He exclaimed “Oh, what surprise,
I’m showered with only advice! ”
Many suspected his brain
Asked if he was or wasn’t in pain
It really was suspect which side was sane
The ones gathered or the man from Spain!
“How funny” said the men and women
“Surely your eyes were not open”
Some said, “It’s simple and plain,
The fellow is plain insane.”
They said, “You should have been more alert
More cautious and certainly more smart
They all agreed the men and women
He should not have been in the drain.
The unfortunate man from Spain
Wondered what’s the bargain?
Though pain made him blue
Why was nobody coming to his rescue?
They left the poor man to his fate
Expressing anguish and regret
We never knew which side was insane
The crowd that gathered or the man from Spain!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Young Man From Spain by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Superstitions., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- आंबो सासे राजा, Bahadur Basumatary
- Miss Coal Beauty/ Coal Black Diamond Girl, Bijay Kant Dubey
- THE LAST SCENE المشهد الاخير, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Keep Smiling!, Geetha Jayakumar
- THE LAST SCENE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Gone, Kareem Sameh
- Muskurathey Raho!, Geetha Jayakumar
- A Few Stars Tonight, Jesus James Llorico
- T. V. Premiere, Sandra Feldman