Prisoner of the gallows, the zephyr
At dawn towards the garden is astir.
Say a word, a song, a heart’s lament
The enchained spirit might in the music
On the reed, like separated, be heard.
A tune, might inaudible from the chains
Of distance worn. Ah! You heartless;
Carrying wreaths of flowers, and the beloved
You admonish for seeing the two clouds’ embrace.
The ocean of tears on the edge if nothing else,
What else? The desire is afloat
What else in love, but the Self has been freed.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Zephyr by Sadiqullah Khan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- What is love, gajanan mishra
- Women, Nassy Fesharaki
- Because of intimacy, gajanan mishra
- while the stars spin our ferris wheel..., Mandolyn ...
- The anger inside my head, Ben Matthews
- I see love, gajanan mishra
- In My Head, Brianna Kimball
- Choose, Silas Egbowon
- O really I am searching, gajanan mishra
- KINDLING 10 WORD, Beryl Dov