Henry Francis Lyte
There Is a Safe and Secret Place
There is a safe and secret place,
Beneath the wings divine,
Reserved for all the heirs of grace;
O be that refuge mine!
The least and feeblest there may bide,
Uninjured and unawed;
While thousands fall on every side,
He rests secure in God.
He feeds in pastures, large and fair,
Of love and truth divine,
O child of God, O glory’s heir,
How rich a lot is thine!
A hand almighty to defend,
An ear for every call,
An honored life, a peaceful end,
And heaven to crown it all!
Henry Francis Lyte's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (There Is a Safe and Secret Place by Henry Francis Lyte )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- this is becoming a line at red box, Mandolyn Davidson
- A Daruman (He Is A Daruman, Sells Not, T.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Source of Revenue and Allocation, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I do Love You, Dechen Doma Sherpa
- Outcomes of Resolutions, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Nico's Request, Aiyabells 002
- On a condition..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Milk, Nassy Fesharaki
- Falling Fowards, Metaphorically Speaking
- Distance and time, Tom Squires