They Were So Very Different
And who can blame the husband and who can blame the wife
Their marriage doomed for failure it could not last for life
They were so very different so different in every way
The ways of love not easy as some are known to say.
She the aspiring artist and he a fan of sport
And in her work he never encouraged her and offered her support
Their love bloomed for a few years and died so suddenly
They both live separate lives now and each other seldom see.
And when they meet just a brief meeting such as hello or good day
They find that to each other they don't have much to say
Her art is her great passion he has his football team
Their marriage doomed for failure from early on it did seem.
Their two years of marriage did not bring children that does not seem too bad
In their case the family court need not resolve parental disputes between mum and dad
Love between them blossomed for a brief while but that was in the past
And like 'tis said few things in life do ever seem to last.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (They Were So Very Different by Francis Duggan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mir Taqi Mir
(1723 - 1810)
(1924 - 2000)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Touch Downs, Saiom Shriver
- Bethlehem, Saiom Shriver
- Beloved Brand, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The Shadow, Benjamin Michael Clark
- Under The Moonlit Nights, I See You, See.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- have you seen my hand?, Mandolyn ...
- My Inspiration Are You, The Day I Saw You, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Azar, Nassy Fesharaki
- Ohio State, Saiom Shriver
- crowding around the crumbs you leave, Mandolyn ...