I loved you once and you broke my heart
Made me feel like everything was fine
While behind my back with my friends
Didn't you understand they were mine?
I never cared who started what
I dropped them and made you free
Didn't anyone ever teach you
One and one does not equal three?
I loved you once and I was so very blind
Made me look like a complete fool
Fucking anything that let you
Why, cause you thought it made you cool?
Everything was way too perfect
Maybe I really should of guessed
Knocking them out one after another
Was it like some sort of game quest?
I loved you once and now here we are
A year and a half feels like forever
So much has passed under the bridge
Should I chance it again or say never?
I don't think I'll ever be able to forget
Thinking of every single one of your lies
Stab or slice they leave scars either way
Why, shame on me for giving so many tries?
I loved you once, now shame on you
Now I see, you had no clue
You wanted from me everything
Didn't you know, all I wanted was just you?
I didn't need anyone else at my side
And it was only you that I wanted at night
But after everything, now it's you remembering me
I guess things change when you turn on the light.
Angelique' Rockwell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Things Change by Angelique' Rockwell )
- The Keepers Of Paris, Arno Le Roux
- A Secret Room, Arno Le Roux
- The Drug That Is Time, Arno Le Roux
- Random life!, SALINI NAIR
- Secret Music, Arno Le Roux
- My Weird Looks, Rohit Sapra
- The Way I Feel About Love, Rohit Sapra
- Abandoned, Tony Adah
- Lace and More, Arno Le Roux
- Let there be light, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1679 - 1718)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)