I loved you once and you broke my heart
Made me feel like everything was fine
While behind my back with my friends
Didn't you understand they were mine?
I never cared who started what
I dropped them and made you free
Didn't anyone ever teach you
One and one does not equal three?
I loved you once and I was so very blind
Made me look like a complete fool
Fucking anything that let you
Why, cause you thought it made you cool?
Everything was way too perfect
Maybe I really should of guessed
Knocking them out one after another
Was it like some sort of game quest?
I loved you once and now here we are
A year and a half feels like forever
So much has passed under the bridge
Should I chance it again or say never?
I don't think I'll ever be able to forget
Thinking of every single one of your lies
Stab or slice they leave scars either way
Why, shame on me for giving so many tries?
I loved you once, now shame on you
Now I see, you had no clue
You wanted from me everything
Didn't you know, all I wanted was just you?
I didn't need anyone else at my side
And it was only you that I wanted at night
But after everything, now it's you remembering me
I guess things change when you turn on the light.
Angelique' Rockwell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Things Change by Angelique' Rockwell )
- Why Must There Be Dragonflies?, Stephen Warren Williams
- Enough is Enough!, Shaila Touchton
- For Boy George (The First Time I Saw You), Dave Alan Walker
- Acceptance, Barbara Dixion
- The Pendulum of Life, bryan wallace
- Sentiments Of Love, Louis Borgo
- Forever Free, courtney metcalf
- Rage Against the Machine, Amber Hardisty
- Out, Barbara Dixion
- Raindrop Ambitions, Ailill Ailill
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1644 - 1694)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1927)