I loved you once and you broke my heart
Made me feel like everything was fine
While behind my back with my friends
Didn't you understand they were mine?
I never cared who started what
I dropped them and made you free
Didn't anyone ever teach you
One and one does not equal three?
I loved you once and I was so very blind
Made me look like a complete fool
Fucking anything that let you
Why, cause you thought it made you cool?
Everything was way too perfect
Maybe I really should of guessed
Knocking them out one after another
Was it like some sort of game quest?
I loved you once and now here we are
A year and a half feels like forever
So much has passed under the bridge
Should I chance it again or say never?
I don't think I'll ever be able to forget
Thinking of every single one of your lies
Stab or slice they leave scars either way
Why, shame on me for giving so many tries?
I loved you once, now shame on you
Now I see, you had no clue
You wanted from me everything
Didn't you know, all I wanted was just you?
I didn't need anyone else at my side
And it was only you that I wanted at night
But after everything, now it's you remembering me
I guess things change when you turn on the light.
Angelique' Rockwell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Things Change by Angelique' Rockwell )
- The Stars so Bright, Glenn Boeckx
- Catch the Moon, Maya Hanson (mye3)
- I Could Not Find My Way Free, Shalom Freedman
- Sailstarred, Sandsifting, Seaweed Script.., Saiom Shriver
- The art of love and affection!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Heaven with the Creator, Althea Marshall Wypyszczak
- Prison diary, Shikdar Waliuzzaman
- Mules, Saiom Shriver
- Abandoned Cocoon, Saiom Shriver
- I would cross, Ruma Chaudhuri
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)