Thinking of the Past
If you could go back into the past
what would you do differently?
knowing it wouldn't last.
You would have to take, the good with the bad,
you couldn't just re-live the good,
of the things you have lived, also the sad.
Thinking of the past brings depression,
you think of it to often,
it'll only bring you obession.
The past wasn't all good,
today, will be the past tommorw
are things good now? Have you understood?
Think about the past
but understand this.
it does not last.
Make the best for today,
then in the future,
you will enjoy that day.
jim foulk's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thinking of the Past by jim foulk )
- JGP, Jhonas Lumanlan
- Lost in Fourth dimension, Madrason writer
- Cyberneet poeet, Madrason writer
- You Speak to Me, Lukie Pieterse
- I LOVED HER, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Love Overpowers All, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- BY THE WATER TOWER., Terry Collett
- Every moment, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Hurt and pain., Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Fragile, Saturday Chikezie Promise
Poem of the Day
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)