Thinking of the Past
If you could go back into the past
what would you do differently?
knowing it wouldn't last.
You would have to take, the good with the bad,
you couldn't just re-live the good,
of the things you have lived, also the sad.
Thinking of the past brings depression,
you think of it to often,
it'll only bring you obession.
The past wasn't all good,
today, will be the past tommorw
are things good now? Have you understood?
Think about the past
but understand this.
it does not last.
Make the best for today,
then in the future,
you will enjoy that day.
jim foulk's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thinking of the Past by jim foulk )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Cold Night In Silence, Lilly Emery
- The Possession of Love (Section 8 of Thi.., rajendran muthiah
- A BROKEN DREAM حلم مئطوش - حلم مكسور, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Valentine, mary douglas
- Remembering Her Worth, F. J. Thomas
- Tunnels, Mark Arvizu
- Stop, Is It Poetry
- O virgin chic..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- गु बाजिबाय, Ronjoy Brahma
- A sense of destiny, Mark Heathcote