Thirty Years From Now!
Thirty years from now
no one will know the colour
of your eyes the car your drove
and the sound of your voice
or the house you lived in
Even the times you swore
you denied bread
to the outstretched arms
milk to the baby
wine to the wise
and love to the unloved.
you make a mark of man
in the footsteps to the temple
where lives an invisible being
resplendent in mercy
and infallible to all
that your own universe
was crafted by this creator
with your name
scrawled in calligraphy
on a special page with your name
and number embossed
who am I?
What should I do?
to leave behind the best of Me?
Recognise this reflection?
© Marshall Gass. All rights reserved.
Marshall Gass's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thirty Years From Now! by Marshall Gass )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(August 8, 1884 – January 29, 1933)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet II: My Heart Was Slain, Michael Drayton
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Ozymandias, Percy Bysshe Shelley
Poem of the Day
- The Cry Of The Shadow, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- He Knows No Hospital Gate, Mohamedkhadar Yussuf
- I LOST YOU, Sharen Suren
- the pleasure of old age, oskar hansen
- Reading Elizabeth Bishop's Poem 'One Art', Merton Lee
- Iron Road poem, As Fates Convolve, Sambanath Denis
- BEYOND DEATH, Michael P. Johnson
- Limerick-74, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Paul Butters Clerihew One, Paul Butters
- Ricordare, Colm Keenan