William Blake Beckett
This Is The Way The World Will End
Like a brilliant bolt of lightning,
This is the way the world will end;
Blackening, the world cries softly,
Hearts crack, and have no time to mend.
Like the moon eclipsing the sun,
We can watch, but do little more.
Silent, we cross the river Styx,
Get lost in mist, see not the shore;
I hope I can watch the end come,
So I may laugh with it and say,
'I haven't lost just yet, it seems, '
And fight to see just one more day.
And so, I will then close my eyes,
And end the world, with all its lies.
William Blake Beckett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Is The Way The World Will End by William Blake Beckett )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- मेथाइ(से), Ronjoy Brahma
- It Was First Kiss; Kissing You For The F.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Only, laxami Cards
- आय' दैज्लां, Ronjoy Brahma
- Was Lawrence A Sadhu? The Sadhu of Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A sad sot..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Do You Think? (Are You Only Gifted & Tal.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bereaved, Susmit Panda
- True love, Einar Johan Wetaas
- Incredible Semi-final of 2014 FIFA World.., rajendran muthiah