This Moment, Yearning And Thoughtful
THIS moment yearning and thoughtful, sitting alone,
It seems to me there are other men in other lands, yearning and
It seems to me I can look over and behold them, in Germany, Italy,
France, Spain--or far, far away, in China, or in Russia or
India--talking other dialects;
And it seems to me if I could know those men, I should become
attached to them, as I do to men in my own lands;
O I know we should be brethren and lovers,
I know I should be happy with them.
Walt Whitman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Moment, Yearning And Thoughtful by Walt Whitman )
Did you read them?
- Is The CPI(M) Itself Good And Gentle?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley