This Strong Tower by Angela Dawn
There is a strength isnide of me that is rock solid
It is so strong that it doesn't break
Though the wind blows and the sky darkens
For some reason it stay upholden.
This tower of strength is so great that
It for ever is solid and doesnt break
Though I may try to make it crumble
It stands steadfast and refusses to humble.
This tower of strenth is terrifying
It brings the worst because you can bare it.
You say, 'Please stop I will break'
And it just laughs in your face
'Take some more' it says, 'You can handle it'
Oh, sure it may drive you mad
And give you a fierce yet calm anger
But this tower of strength will only get stronger.'
I say 'break, ' and I say 'crumble, '
But all it hears is 'lets get stronger.'
Please take off your stirling strength
I don't wish to be strong today
But it refusses to listen.
And with gleaming silver it strengthens.
Bear up yourself and be strong.
It is your calling
You must be the one to carry on
Get used to it, your being strengthened.
This tower of strength how great it is,
what a prized and disliked possession.
It keeps me strong and yet I break.
And I become two persons.
Very strong and very weak a loner yet
I am torn between this strong and weak person.
I am two and no longer one
Lydia Dominguez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Strong Tower by Angela Dawn by Lydia Dominguez )
- Building Bricks, Jude Ogunade
- A Hydro Odyssey, Patrick Czyz
- Salvation, Earth And Sadness, Tony Adah
- Perspective, Patrick Czyz
- flesh to flesh, jaquesha webb
- Make it a new day., Patrick Czyz
- A Deadly Romance, Akhtar Jawad
- Tear Stained Haiku, Patrick Czyz
- It Hurts When Your're Letting Go, Marvin Tordillos
- Where Is The Faith Kept, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)