This Strong Tower by Angela Dawn
There is a strength isnide of me that is rock solid
It is so strong that it doesn't break
Though the wind blows and the sky darkens
For some reason it stay upholden.
This tower of strength is so great that
It for ever is solid and doesnt break
Though I may try to make it crumble
It stands steadfast and refusses to humble.
This tower of strenth is terrifying
It brings the worst because you can bare it.
You say, 'Please stop I will break'
And it just laughs in your face
'Take some more' it says, 'You can handle it'
Oh, sure it may drive you mad
And give you a fierce yet calm anger
But this tower of strength will only get stronger.'
I say 'break, ' and I say 'crumble, '
But all it hears is 'lets get stronger.'
Please take off your stirling strength
I don't wish to be strong today
But it refusses to listen.
And with gleaming silver it strengthens.
Bear up yourself and be strong.
It is your calling
You must be the one to carry on
Get used to it, your being strengthened.
This tower of strength how great it is,
what a prized and disliked possession.
It keeps me strong and yet I break.
And I become two persons.
Very strong and very weak a loner yet
I am torn between this strong and weak person.
I am two and no longer one
Lydia Dominguez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Strong Tower by Angela Dawn by Lydia Dominguez )
- Love Speaks in Silence, Paul Sebastian
- The Ideal Wife, Paul Sebastian
- Then ever it would really you are not e.., Yuri Starostin
- Judicially, hasmukh amathalal
- ACCENT, Terry Collett
- Passion, Suresh Dogra
- Joy and peace, gajanan mishra
- Light, Suresh Dogra
- No purpose yet, hasmukh amathalal
- A Bit of Clarity- Finally, Andy Caldwell
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Parody on “A Psalm of Life”, Oliver Wendell Holmes
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- Our Life and Four Seasons, Vasco M. Resendes
- The Unborn, Sharon Olds
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)