The eyes gaped at the sky,
At the stars so fiery
Through the casement half closed
Drooped and weary!
It pulled up itself
To let the eyes gaze
From its miry abode
At the ensnaring heavenly maze
A tear trickled down
Honeyed with a joyous flavor
All truths lost into the depths
Like a scent from a decadent cadaver!
Then it pulled itself down
Shutting the doors to the dream
And the eyes spoke in silence
It was all dream!
It wasn't the sky,
There were no stars either
In the painted canvas of mind,
It gets painted and then withers!
The curtains did veil them
All this time,
It was a melody of thought
ritwika raha's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thought's Regime by ritwika raha )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sweet Madeleine, Nero CaroZiv
- Il faut toujours regarder, Eric Dubois
- The Ballad of John O'Kelly, Chris Zachariou
- Il et Elle se regardent, Eric Dubois
- Mountain, gajanan mishra
- Heures débridées, Eric Dubois
- The end, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- God Truly Cares For Me, Dr John Celes
- Comme une pluie battante, Eric Dubois
- Burma Iconic Lady Aung San Suu Kyi (The .., U Win Kyi