Thoughts on a memory
There is so little I can say,
and yet so much thought
has gone in today.
How the mind wanders
on the different alleys.
To retrieve a thought, a memory,
it's brought forth in vivid view,
to haunt my tormented soul..
I cling to the memory
of the almost-nothing.
Thinking it through
to create the almost-something.
As the days draw by
I think of that single memory.
I ponder on thoughts,
I know I should not have.
Yet, when the heart beats yearningly,
don't we all return to the memory?
To that single moment
when one word could make,
a whole new memory?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thoughts on a memory by Ranger Lady )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- last day, Ewa Busayourmi
- Some soft feelings, Lalitha Narayanan
- Bonfire, Naveed Khalid
- A Friend's Promise, diana rose tolentino
- A poem-letter to my friends..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- In the summer..., Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Melbs, David McLean Mathews
- At Somnolence's Border, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- naam, anikesh wats
- show me how a comet showers, Mandolyn ...